The underlying philosophy of this site is to share the beauty of our natural world and its people with an ever wider audience. Our licensing policies are designed to balance the costs that go into creating and sharing our images with the desire to provide inspirational content (i.e. images and text), via the internet, to as many people as possible.
Photography by Glenn Guy (Travel Photography Guru) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Travel Photography Guru allows use of Glenn Guy's images in two (2) very different ways:
1. CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
With Creative Commons you are free to make use of the images as follows:
- To Share: Copy, Distribute, Transmit and Display only unaltered copies of the work, but not create and distribute works based upon it.
Under these conditions:
- Attribution: Attribution to Glenn Guy, Travel Photography Guru must be made along with the image wherever and whenever it is published.
- Non-Commercial: The image must not be used for commercial purposes under any circumstances. For clarity on what defines commercial use, please see the Sample Accepted Use below.
Content on the Travel Photography Guru website and blog is created by Glenn Guy and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on work at http://www.travelphotographyguru.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://travelphotographyguru.com/licensing-rights/.
SAMPLE ACCEPTED USE OF THE CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE:
- Blog post describing a trip to Paris, trekking across Huangshan in China, or a holiday in Iceland.
- Online article discussing the techniques and aesthetics associated with black and white photography.
- A website for a school project about the environment, religion, culture, etc.
- An individual using an image as a desktop background for their own personal computer monitor or mobile device
2. LICENSE TO COPYRIGHT
'Commercial Use' regarding the use of images online or offline is defined very broadly. The determination of commercial or non-commercial use is based on the contextual use of the image. The determination is NOT based on the tax-filing status of the entity using the image nor on whether or not a financial transaction takes place.
Commercial use of our images is allowed only if expressly granted by Travel Photography Guru.
All Commercial Uses will incur a Licensing Fee. Our fees are based on the following criteria:
- Media - print, web, television, etc
- Distribution Size - number of copies printed, viewing audience size, exposure (regional, national, international)
- Length of Use - 1 year, 2 years, etc
- Prominence of Display - ¼ page, ½ page, full page, spread, front cover, home page (online), interior page (online), etc.
- All licensing inquiries should be sent to: email@example.com
SAMPLE USE REQUIRING A LICENSE TO COPYRIGHT:
- A marketing campaign for a commercial business or entity
- A fund-raising campaign for a not-for-profit entity
- A background image for a website about furniture or any other product
- License to create an individual print for use in a private home
My collection consists of many thousands of photographs made with both film (35mm and medium format) and digital DSLR cameras. The majority of the images are travel based and feature incredibly beautiful locations and fascinating people. The main genres within the collection include the following:
This site, while constantly expanding, currently includes only a sample of my entire photography collection. Countries represented in the collection include the following:
- Australia, in particular Victoria and the Northern Territory
- New Zealand, in particular the South Island
- China, including Tibet
- The Falkland Islands
- South Georgia Island, including wildlife and environmental studies
- France, particularly Paris
- Austria, particularly Vienna and Salzburg
- Russia, particularly Moscow and St. Petersberg
- Belgium, particularly Brugge
- Iceland, including an extensive landscape photography collection
- Greenland, particularly Western Greenland including Ilulissat
You'll find extensive collections of my work, organized by country, under the Photo Gallery tab on the navigation bar at the top of every page on this site.
All licensing inquiries should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org